We traveled to Medak to shoot a wedding on the evening of April 1, we decided that since we were going that far, we should start a bit early and visit this famous landmark which has been on our list for sometime now.
The Medak Cathedral is the Largest of all churches in Telangana and was built in 1924.
Medak is just about 80-90 Kms from Hyderabad. You can easily choose to go by either 2 wheeler or 4 wheeler based on your choice or budget. You may even choose the the State Transport buses, which ply almost 1 per every 30 minutes. The best part is the Medak Bus Depot is just 10 minutes distance by walk.
Some Points For Travelers & Photographers
1) Church Timings are from 9am to 6pm.
2) You would need to leave your footwear at the entrance of the main building complex
3) Officially Photography is not allowed inside the Cathedral, but I think that is more of a guideline than a strict rule.
4) Try and avoid going on a Sunday, that way you will get the Church a little less busy an you and actually get time to look at the grandeur of the construction.
5) Like most places of worship no tripods are allowed.
6) A Wide angle lens would be very handy for the interiors photos.
7) You would need about an hour of so to cover this place.